Tuition Fee Waiver Scheme
What is Tuition Fee Waiver Scheme (TFW) ?
The scheme has been implemented by the Govt. of West Bengal for meritorious and economically backward students domiciled in West Bengal for admission in to universities / university departments, government colleges and self financing universities/ colleges offering engineering/ technology /pharmacy/ architecture courses.
The waiver is limited to the Tuition Fee only. All other fees will have to be paid by the beneficiary.
1. Total annual Family Income of the student from all sources must be less than Rs. 2.50 lakhs (Rupees two lakhs and fifty thousand) only and the income certificate as detailed below has to be uploaded during online application.
2. The student must be domiciled in West Bengal and the domicile certificate has to be uploaded during online application.
3. Merit listed in Engineering Category in WBJEE-2019
Which Colleges comes under this?
The aforesaid TFW scheme will be implemented to all AICTE approved Govt. Engineering & Technology Colleges, Govt. Aided self financing Engineering & Technology Colleges and non-aided Self Financing Engineering & Technology Colleges of the state.
Competent authority for issue of Income Certificate in respect of the TFW
Scheme are as enlisted below:
- For students from rural region:
- An officer of the State Govt. in the rank of Block Development Officer
- Sub-Divisional Officer
- Additional District Magistrate
- District Magistrate
- Group 'A' Officer or Gazetted Officers of similar Rank or higher of State or
- For students from urban region:
- Assistant Commissioner or above in Municipal Corporation
- Group "A" Gazetted Officer of State or Central Govt. of similar rank or
Note: Income certificate issued by any elected people’s representative such as municipal commissioner, councillor of Municipal Corporation/Municipality, member of three-tier Panchayat system or GTA, MLA or MP are not acceptable for WBJEE-2019.
Candidates claiming TFW seats must submit relevant Certificate issued from
either of the competent Authorities as enlisted below. The said Certificate must
be issued on or before 31.03.2019.
Download Income Certificate Format
The Domicile Certificate format will be similar to that given in the Application form of WBJEEM 2019. The competent issuing authorities will be the same as mentioned in the Information Brochure of WBJEEM 2019 under clause 3.3
Download Domicile Certificate Format
Proforma A-I Proforma A-II Proforma B
Competent authority to issue domicile certificate:
- Proforma ‘A-I’ or ‘B’ must be signed and certified by any of the following competent authorities from Central Government or State Government having local jurisdiction
over the place of the permanent residence of the concerned candidate or his/her
parents, as the case may be, viz.
- District Magistrate, Additional District Magistrate, Deputy Magistrate, Deputy
Collector, Sub – Divisional Officer, Block Development Officer.
- Superintendent of Police, Additional Superintendent of Police, Sub Divisional
Police Officer, Deputy Superintendent of Police,
- Commissioner, Additional Commissioner, Joint Commissioner, Deputy
Commissioner, Assistant Commissioner of Police Commissionerate.
- Judicial Magistrate of any rank or position in the concerned district or
Metropolitan locality or Hon’ble High Court at Calcutta or Hon’ble Supreme Court of India.
- Corporation Area - Commissioner, Additional Commissioner, Joint Commissioner,
- Assistant Secretary or above in the Secretariat to the Government of West Bengal
(including GTA) or Central Government.
- Deputy Director or above in the Directorate to the Government of West Bengal or
- Every official certifying the Domicile Status of the candidate or his/her parents
MUST provide his/her FULL NAME, DESIGNATION, PLACE OF POSTING WITH ADDRESS, LANDLINE/ MOBILE NUMBER. He/she should also provide his/her IDENTITY CARD NUMBER if available.
- CERTIFICATION FROM ANY AUTHORITY OTHER THAN THOSE THAT HAVE BEEN
ENUMERATED ABOVE ‘WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.’
- Note: Domicile certificates issued by any elected people’s representative such as
municipal commissioner, Councillor of Municipal Corporation/ Municipality, Member
of three-tier Panchayat system or GTA, MLA or MP are not acceptable for WBJEE-
- Proforma ‘A-II’ must be signed and certified by the Head of the Institution from which the candidate has passed or will appear in 10+2 examination. Such certificate must be
issued after verification of the school education record of the candidate.
Selection of candidates under TFW Scheme
Selection of candidates for the TFW scheme shall be decided on the basis of merit and preference of eligible students in WBJEEM-2019.